How do I add a recurring decimal dot above the last digit of a number?

bernard at publishingsmarter.com bernard at publishingsmarter.com
Tue Apr 13 18:33:35 PDT 2010

Would an equation work for you? I think it's Special > Equation, and then you need to select Small, Medium, Large (based on font, not on complexity). From there click Symbols, and choose the Diacritical. In there select the very bottom leftmost symbol. Type a 9. Press Esc, m, p (note that is case sensitive) and it should work. If needed, go with a Medium or Large equation. I'd suggest you may want to build all of this one number in the equation editor.

Hope that helps,

Bernard