AW: Text Inset Disappears

Georg Eck eck at squidds.de
Thu Apr 15 06:43:43 PDT 2010

Hi Linda,

I don't know a maximum of text insets. FrameMaker has internal information about text insets (or copied graphics) without to know the source files.
We can save copied graphics and we can list all text insets (and referenced graphics) with path information.

Take TOOLBOX for FrameMaker 8 with
Feature: Book Transfer
Run Book Transfer without to transfer the text insets or graphics and you will get a list like:

C:\Projects\Chapter.fm

Text Insets
[Pathname]\TextInset.fm
[Pathname]\TextInset.fm
[Pathname]\TextInset.fm
[Pathname]\TextInset.fm

Imported Graphics
[Pathname]\Graphic.eps
[Pathname]\Graphic.jpg

Download TOOLBOX: www.toolboxforme.com/download

Then collect all files for the next opening of your Chapter.fm in a new folder.

One author work with a text inset and you open the Chapter.fm is possible,
but more as two author cannot open the same file at the same moment.

Georg