FrameMaker 9 Crashes at Start Up

Joseph Lorenzini panopticon23 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 10:09:05 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I am having some major FrameMaker problems. I've been running FrameMaker 9
on my system for a year now without any problem. Today, I came into work and
tried to open FrameMaker. In the loading screen, it reaches the localization
info and then it crashes. I restarted my computer and the same thing
happens. The only change to my system in the last couple days was an acrobat
update provided by adobe. Is it possible that could be the cause? This is
really distressing. I can literally get no work done until this issue is
fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am considering the following:

1) Try a system restore.
2) If that doesn't work,  reinstall FrameMaker, though that seems a bit
extreme.

Here are my system specs.

Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 3