Print to PDF

Tracy, Dick dtracy at phoenixcontrols.com
Tue Apr 20 12:39:27 PDT 2010

Okay, here's my scenario.  I have FrameMaker 8.0p277 and Acrobat 8.2.2
running on a new laptop running XP with Service Pack 2 (my company will
not allow Service Pack 3 or any hot fixes). Prior to getting this
laptop, I was running the same versions of FrameMaker and Acrobat on a
Dell workstation and didn't have any issues.

With the laptop, when I attempt to print to PDF in FrameMaker,
FrameMaker will crash with a fatal error and then I get a memory
reference error. More recently this has changed and the printer error
pops up and says Document failed to print. If I do a Save As PDF,
sometimes it works okay and other times I'll be missing text. There is
no rhyme or reason when it works or doesn't work. For some reason I can
print to PDF from InDesign with no issues.  I haven't tried Word yet.

If I remember correctly, at one time FrameMaker and Acrobat had to be
installed in a specific sequence. Is this still applicable today with
Version 8.0? Does anyone have any idea what's happening? My IT
department is at a loss on this.