Very slow when printing either to Adobe PDF or Print To File

rinch at Inficon.com rinch at Inficon.com
Thu Apr 22 10:30:21 PDT 2010

Kathy,

You wrote, "Richard, regarding your suggestion of using Save As PDF....it
didn't work for me. It tells me I need Distiller 5.0.5 or higher, and that
confuses me because I've got Distiller v8 that came with Acrobat v8."

I haven't a clue. I've got TCS2 installed, and I'm running FM9.0p250 with
Acrobat Pro Extended 9.3.2 on a Win XP SP3 Dell workstation with 4 GB RAM.
Initially I had problems with Save As PDF (my first page graphics didn't
come through to the PDF). But, I installed the Microsoft HotFix (which is
supposed to be for text problems) and my graphics PDFd perfectly after
that. My Save As PDF creates wonderful PDFs, and I'm impressed with how
fast it works given my graphics intensive manuals (some in the 500 page
range).

I'm sorry to hear you are having so much difficulty, but I've no idea how
to help you.

Regards,
Richard