Declaring entities, .fm-to-.xml

Stamm, David-P45904 Dave.Stamm at gdc4s.com
Sat Apr 17 07:06:21 PDT 2010

2010-04-17-06T14:05Z

Adobe® FrameMaker® 8.0p277 (structured)

Windows XP Professional 2002 SP2

Document type definition and transformation (.xsl) files provided by customer and not allowed to be changed

I want to have declared entities for my graphics in my .xml files after "File | Save As XML..." from .fm files.

In .fm files, graphic files are named in

	<graphic boardno = "blah_blah_blah_blah[without_file_extension]"></graphic>.

As best I can tell, the document type definition does _not_ contain <entity> element and does not contain "entity" attribute.

It seems that the best way to set this up is in \structapps.fm in <EntitySearchPaths> element or in \rules file.

Either way, I don't know what to do next and where.  I'm stuck.

Help, please.

Thanks!

Dave Stamm

This message and / or attachments may include information subject to GDC4S O.M. 1.8.6 and GD Corporate Policy 07-105 and are intended to be accessed only by authorized recipients.  Use, storage and transmission are governed by General Dynamics and its policies.  Contractual restrictions apply to third parties.  Recipients should refer to the policies or contract to determine proper handling.   Unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message.