Dinner's on Me

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 23:35:46 PDT 2010

Hi Carla

I can create a prototype of a DITA map for you. Just send me a
representative chapter from your programming guide and your user manual.

I don't use Fm's mapping tables for the conversion. I use MIF2Go instead,
because MIF2Go allows you to add elements and attributes to your topics for
which there aren't any corresponding paragraph formats in the Fm source
files, for example <shortdesc> and <prolog>.
So you'd need MIF2Go to do the rest of the conversion, but MIF2Go is a very
good investment. And, since you are an experienced Fm user, chances are that
you are using MIF2Go already.

If Fm+DITA will be your authoring environment, use Leximation's DITA-FMx
plug-in. Believe me, you don't want to do DITA in Fm without it, at least
not in a production environment.

You can buy me dinner when I visit Moline IL, the town where my grandfather
came from. I plan to visit it some day to find my roots. ;-)

Cheers

--
Yves Barbion
www.scripto.nu