Landscape 11 x 17

Ian Hawkins ihawkins at sundorne.com
Mon Aug 2 18:24:29 PDT 2010

It's not that difficult, but you need to be aware of the interaction
between FrameMaker and Acrobat.

You cannot have a single FM file that contains different page sizes or
orientations. You can have a book where individual chapters have
different page sizes.

So, create the individual chapters, each with the proper page size and
orientation. Add them to your book.

Create a PDF. I always print to the Adobe PDF printer instance instead
of using Save as PDF. In the printer properties, set the page size to
the largest possible page size. In your case, 11x17, landscape.

When you print, be sure to select Generate Acrobat Data. This will crop
the smaller pages to the proper size.

HTH,
Ian