Acrobat 9 - a disaster

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Tue Aug 10 16:56:02 PDT 2010

Steve,

Read the original thread. I am not going to repeat everything (and
it was quite a lot) that was discussed on this forum a few weeks ago,
especially related to engineering and testing discipline as far as
how PDF files are viewed and processed under what circumstances.

But NO, there is nothing WRITTEN about this from Adobe. On the other
hand, you should trust what I am telling you based on my 21 years at
Adobe and my working with Acrobat and Reader since Release 1 of same
as well as having to debug workflows and PDF files during all that time.

Quite frankly, the only time I had problems with anyone viewing a PDF
file that I produced on Acrobat-only systems (no Reader co-installed)
were with users who insisted on using St. Steve the Infallible's MacOS
Preview program's subset PDF viewing capabilities (or lack thereof).

The fact that Adobe doesn't prohibit you from parallel installation of
Acrobat and Reader doesn't mean that such installations are recommended
or really useful.

	- Dov