Text High in Table Cells

Nancy Allison maker at verizon.net
Thu Aug 12 19:17:48 PDT 2010

Hi, Mike and all.

Nope, using both ascenders and descenders.

Gotta look for the "baseline synchronization" setting. I've never heard of it.

On Aug 11, 2010, Mike Wickham <info at mikewickham.com> wrote:

> Problem: Text in table cells is high, not centered vertically.

Without actually trying out the settings to see if my results are the same,
I wonder if the "base-line synchronization" setting, which can make the
first line in a column bump up a little higher has an effect. Or is it
possible that you are testing with character glyphs, such as numbers, that
have no descenders.