Extracting and maintaining copies individual rows from tables to appear in multiple places in a doc

Young, Jerry Jerry.Young at cirrus.com
Fri Aug 13 08:34:41 PDT 2010

Long-time listener, first-time caller.

Using Frame 7.2 (and Frame 9), unstructured.

I have a large set of reference tables, from which I would like to be
able to individually extract/duplicate rows to make a copy of the
contents available to readers in the context in which they need the
information. None of the solutions that are obvious to me are
attractive:

-setting up separate tables and x-refing each individual paragraph from
the source tables
-trying to create multiple files for each small chunk and using text
insets to call them into the narrative context

I would like to imagine that there is some way (short of moving to
structured Frame, which isn't practical for a variety of reasons) to
accomplish this, given how orderly tables appear in the MIF files.

Has anyone found a durable solution to this?

Your insights would be appreciated,

Jerry Young
jerry.young at cirrus.com