Re: Extracting and maintaining copies individual rows from tables to appear in multiple places in a doc

Roger Shuttleworth rshuttleworth at avbasesystems.com
Mon Aug 16 06:46:33 PDT 2010

Hi Jerry

I'm not sure that it would work with table rows or within tables, but:

You could store your pieces of text in separate flows in a single file. Every Frame document can contain up to 255 (I think) separate flows. If you store each piece in its own uniquely named flow, you can import the flow by reference as a text inset wherever you need it. When importing the inset, select the file you want to import and the specific flow.

I've certainly done this successfully with glossary definitions in a master glossary, but am not sure whether you can import a text flow into a table cell. Worth a try...

Hope this helps.
Roger

Roger Shuttleworth
Technical Documentation