Couldn't open <filename> (Rick Spiegel)

Wim Hooghwinkel - idtp wim at idtp.eu
Sat Aug 14 11:14:50 PDT 2010

Rick,

You could try to review your Translation process (English into Japanese) -
may be some pointer in the files has been 'localized' into Japanese. We had
similar issues with Chinese, where the double dot ( : ) in Index markers was
replaced by a Chinese character that looked the same but apparently had a
different character code.

(you didn't include the bookfile in the translation process I presume .?)

You could try to rebuild the book from scratch using the Japanese files and
see if you get the same errors.

Another option is to save the files as MIF (again) from FM and re-open to
save as FM. This should clean up erroneous coding.

Kind regards, vriendelijke groet,

Wim Hooghwinkel

iDTP - Technical Communication Consultant

Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in FrameMaker

tel. +31652036811
Skype wimhooghwinkel
Twitter @idtp @NLDITA
 <mailto:info at idtp.eu> info at idtp.eu