Couldn't open <filename> (Rick Spiegel)

Rick Spiegel spiegel at abinitio.com
Mon Aug 16 14:15:47 PDT 2010

Thanks, Wim. Your suggestion of rebuilding the book worked.

"Wim Hooghwinkel - idtp" <wim at idtp.eu>
08/14/2010 02:14 PM

<spiegel at abinitio.com>, <framers at lists.frameusers.com>
cc

Subject
RE: Couldn't open <filename> (Rick Spiegel)

Rick,

You could try to review your Translation process (English into Japanese) –
may be some pointer in the files has been ‘localized’ into Japanese. We
had similar issues with Chinese, where the double dot ( : ) in Index
markers was replaced by a Chinese character that looked the same but
apparently had a different character code.

(you didn’t include the bookfile in the translation process I presume …?)

You could try to rebuild the book from scratch using the Japanese files
and see if you get the same errors.

Another option is to save the files as MIF (again) from FM and re-open to
save as FM. This should clean up erroneous coding.

Kind regards, vriendelijke groet,
Wim Hooghwinkel
iDTP - Technical Communication Consultant
Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in FrameMaker
tel. +31652036811
Skype wimhooghwinkel
Twitter @idtp @NLDITA
info at idtp.eu
www.idtp.eu
www.nldita.nl
FrameMaker support: framemaker at idtp.eu

ForwardSourceID:NT001733DA

NOTICE  from Ab Initio: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender, and make no further use, disclosure, or distribution. This email (including attachments) may contain information subject to confidentiality obligations, and sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege.