Image Scaling in FM9

Sheila Carlisle scarlisle at axialinfo.com
Mon Aug 16 10:36:05 PDT 2010

Have you checked that your FM has been updated?

FM 9.0.3 Readme lists this as a fix for that version (note that 9.0.4 is the current version):

#2     The dimensions and default dpi resolution for PNG, JPG and GIF files gets corrupted when
imported in FrameMaker.

Hayward, Morgan (Bolton) wrote:

> We have a PNG image that is 4.5" wide and has a resolution of 300 dpi.
> When we import this image into FrameMaker 8.0, it automatically detects
> the resolution and sets the scaling to 100%.  FrameMaker 9.0, however,
> does not detect the resolution and automatically sets the scaling to 24%
> when we tell it the resolution is 300 dpi.

Sheila Carlisle        V: 425/ 486-2988
Axial InfoSolutions Inc. (Bothell, Washington)
Automated Publishing Solutions / XML Publishing Solutions
http://www.axialinfo.com http://www.miramo.com