Off topic - Parallels price loading

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Tue Aug 17 16:00:27 PDT 2010

On 18/08/2010, at 10:51 AM, Owen, Clint wrote:

> Alan,
>
> I am not defending Apple, because I have not dealt with them, but this
> could be a matter of terminology.

Actually, nothing to do with Apple. And I have never had this problem
with them.

This is these guys: http://www.parallels.com/

> For some software that I have bought in the past, an "extended
> download
> service" would let you download a fresh copy of your purchase for an
> extended length of time. So, the standard price gives you 30 days or
> so
> to download the product, but for a few dollars more you can get a new
> copy six months from now if your system crashes and you lose your
> backup.

It seems that it is a "download fee" that is non-optional over and
above the purchase price. The alternative is to buy a disc at
21.26NZD. !!

It is a con and was a hidden charge that appeared on the shopping cart
checkout screen.

Cheers
Alan

--