Compare: Multiple Flows with same name

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Wed Aug 18 12:08:22 PDT 2010

Don,

You wrote:

>I guess it's my day for Frame questions....
>
>Seeing this in both FM8 and FM9.
>
>I'm comparing two docs that I KNOW are different. When I run the
>Compare utility, I get a dialog that says there are multiple Flows
>with the same name ('A') and the flows will be ignored. The compare
>comes back as the two files being identical.
>
>When I try to look for the multiple flows, I only see one. Any advice
>on finding the multiple flows of the same name?

When I encountered a similar message, the problem had to do with the "A"
flow present in text frames on the reference page(s) of the documents being
compared (which is of no practical significance and should have been
ignored for document comparison purposes).

Try locating such text frames in Reference pages and modify accordingly.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants
Template Design, Single Sourcing, FM-to-PDF & Acrobat courses