Compare: Multiple Flows with same name

Wed Aug 18 08:21:28 PDT 2010

Donald M Rinderknecht wrote:

> I'm comparing two docs that I KNOW are different. When I run the Compare
> utility, I get a dialog that says there are multiple Flows with the same
> name ('A') and the flows will be ignored. The compare comes back as the
> two files being identical.
>
> When I try to look for the multiple flows, I only see one. Any advice on
> finding the multiple flows of the same name?

Well, searching for \f finds the ends of flows, but since each table cell is a flow, that gets pretty tedious if the doc contains tables. With the cursor at what you think is the start of the main flow, select all in flow (Ctrl+a). Then page through the document and look for what's not selected.

HTH!

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.