Can't produce PDF from FM 9 + Acr 9 on Windows 7 -- Solution Found

Roger Shuttleworth rshuttleworth at avbasesystems.com
Mon Aug 23 05:50:39 PDT 2010

Hi Emmy and Framers

There is a recent thread on Framers about the "Rely on system fonts" issue. It included the following, mostly from Dov Isaacs of Adobe:

The Adobe PDF PostScript printer driver instance that is used to create PDF   (either by printing to it or by using the FrameMaker Save   as PDF feature) has a special option in its "driver plug-in" component   labelled Rely on system fonts only; do not use document   fonts. This option is accessed as follows from the Adobe PDF printer:

*

Adobe PDF > Properties > Advanced   > Printing Defaults > Adobe PDF Settings
*

Adobe PDF > Properties > General >   Printing Preferences > Adobe PDF Settings
Both of these need to be set the same way.

There was more in the thread, but I wanted to note the fact that the setting must be turned off in two places if you want it to stick. For more information, Google "rely on system fonts" site:lists.frameusers.com.

Roger

Roger Shuttleworth
Technical Documentation
AV-BASE Systems Inc.