Transfer a Heading1 titel to the header of a next book file

Wim Hooghwinkel - idtp wim at idtp.eu
Fri Dec 3 10:37:34 PST 2010

Hi  Dick,

This is how we did it:

Put a ' Header/Footer $1'  or 'Header/Footer $2' marker in the bodytext.
Then on the MP refer your Running H/F variable to <$marker1> or <$marker2>
(I think Running H/F 4 has a default reference to <$marker1>.

This marker should be maintained manually however, to hold the Heading 1
text of the previous file. But you don't have to mess around with the master
Page, all can be done on the body page of the document.

If you use a special MP for the first page of a document, you could add a
separate text frame to store the marker. Make a dedicated paragraph format
to hold the marker and give it a large space after to make sure the body
text will start in the main text frame (I'm not sure what happens if you
create a separate flow).

Kind regards, vriendelijke groet,

Wim Hooghwinkel

iDTP - Technical Communication Consultant

Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in FrameMaker

tel. +31652036811
Skype wimhooghwinkel
Twitter @idtp @NLDITA
 <mailto:info at idtp.eu> info at idtp.eu