FM 6 and FM 8 in the same computer

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 9 11:55:29 PST 2010

If you launch FM6 first, double-clicking on an FM6 file should open that file in the already-running FM6 application. Double-clicking on an FM9 file, on the other hand, will produce a "cannot open" error.

If you have FM9 running, double-clicking on *any* FrameMaker file will open it in FM9 with only the "previous version" message to alert you to the fact that you're opening an FM6 (or FM7 or FM8) file.

-Fred Ridder