FM 6 and FM 8 in the same computer

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Thu Dec 9 10:01:01 PST 2010

Define "stopped working." Does FrameMaker partially load. Does it not load
at all. Does it work a while then quit? When clicking on a .FM file, does
FM9 open instead? The latter behavior would be normal. You can have as many
versions of FrameMaker installed on a single machine as you want. The last
one installed will be the one that Windows uses as default and opens when
you click on a .FM file. If you want to open the file with FM6, you need to
right-click on it and choose "Open With," then choose FM6.

Mike Wickham