FM 9 and SGML

Michael Johnson k7rvx at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 06:54:19 PST 2010

Hi Folks,

I'm a semi-experienced FM 9 user and have had reasonable luck generating complex, long FM7 and FM9 unstructured documents.  About 2.5 years of experience with FM7 and FM9.

My employer wants to know how tough it would be generate our technical manuals in SGML and submit the .SGM files to our customer directly without going through an out-of-house service provider who turns our Word and FM offerings into SGML.

I know FM9 can generate structured XML, but what about SGML?

I certainly would appreciate any advice about the appropriate SGML editor (if FM9 won't do the trick).  I'm still trying to find out what DTD (if any) we'll be using.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Please respond to my home email address and I will summarize for the list.

Thanks!

Mike Johnson
Syracuse, Utah
k7rvx at yahoo.com