CudSpan and other Plug-Ins for FM 9

Pinkham, Jim Jim.Pinkham at voith.com
Tue Dec 14 07:39:05 PST 2010

Thanks, Mike. Very helpful.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Wickham [mailto:info at mikewickham.com]
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 6:29 PM
To: Pinkham, Jim; framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: CudSpan and other Plug-Ins for FM 9

> 1. I know Chris sometimes frequents our lists, so perhaps he or
> another can confirm whether the CudSpan plug-ins work with FM 9. I've
> seen that his web site mentions FM 8, but not FM 9. In case cud
> doesn't see this right away: Are any of you using these tools with FM
> 9, and if so, without mishap?

Hopefully Chris will pop in with the best answer. There was an issue
with cudlog.dll breaking the recent file history in structured (but not
unstructured) FM8. I found a note I made that says it was fixed with
v1.0.0.1, but I notice that I did not install that one in FM9. I'm not
sure why. Maybe it was still broken or maybe I never had time to test it
and then forgot about it. The other cudlog plugins have been installed
since FM9 came out and I am unaware of them creating any problems for
me.

> 2. In general, what is the best way to move plug-ins to a new
> installation of FM? Any guidelines to follow? Errors to avoid? Any
> earlier FM plug-ins that have proven notoriously problematic? I've got

> Archive, RoboMIF, SetPrint, Paragraph and Table Tools, the freeware
> pieces of Toolbox, and perhaps one or two others.

Most of these have had updates to make them compatible with FM9. So just
be sure to download the latest. I believe you have to e-mail Bruce
Foster to get the latest Archive. Except for RoboMIF (which I don't
use), I've got all the plugins you've listed working fine with FM9,
though I believe every one of them had an updated version that I
installed.

Depending on which plugins you have, you may be able to copy your old
plugins directory to FM9, then update the ones you can update and see
what happens. Some plugins, of course, have entries in maker.ini that
you may need to add. And some plugins (such as Leximation's) create
their own folders, instead of using the default plugins folder.

Mike Wickham