CudSpan and other Plug-Ins for FM 9

Chris Despopoulos despopoulos_chriss at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 00:40:31 PST 2010

Hi all...  I have been out of the mainstream for quite a while -- apologies for
any inconvenience.  A quick answer is, I compiled, *briefly* tested, and posted
some freeware plugins for Maker 9 on my site.  (http://cudspan.net/plugins/)
Try them out, but please understand that I haven't been able to test them
exhaustively.

A few points.
* Mike mentions a problem with CudLog on Structured Maker 8.  I was not aware of
any

  problems.  Hopefully Mike can communicate with me offline to clear that up.
* I apologize, but I've been very busy for the last 5 years or so. Plugin dev
business wasn't

  paying the rent, so I had to expand beyond just FrameMaker development.  This
has

  resulted in my plugins languishing.  Again, apologies.
* I have not come to terms with the Maker 9 GUI.  The new windowing paradigm
makes

  most if not all of my plugins very UGLY.  I count on Maker documents for
logging,

  for generating data files that later processes use, and for generating a rich
GUI.  The

  Adobe GUI for Maker 9 and beyond takes away any control I have over how
documents

  display, and the results are just unacceptable.  I have not figured out how to
work around

  that.  My inclination is to just launch a completely different line of plugins
that do very different

  things, and interact with Maker and the user in very different ways.  Dare I
say, stay tuned?
* I will try to maintain my freeware in whatever ways make sense. I don't give
much

  to the world, and I'd like to keep this going at least a little bit.
TocBreaker in particular

  is a favorite of mine...  I don't want to let these tools fade away.
* Freeware is free, hooray.  The next time you catch yourself buying garbage,
JUST SAY NO.

cud