Disclaimers....

VLM TechSubs TechSubs at VibrantLivingMinistries.org
Wed Dec 15 11:31:51 PST 2010

Great idea, Art!

I second this suggestion, and I would add the additional suggestion that all
the vendors do so in the first line/sentence of the text. Something like:

I am the developer of / represent the developer of / sell / the product(s)
discussed below.

Then continue with the rest of the message. This approach makes the
situation abundantly clear from the top. IMO, anything buried farther down
will be missed by some people, or will appear somewhat out of context.

To me, this is like any other presentation of information, simply frame
what's coming, then share it.

Simple! Straightforward. And clear.

Best to all,
Elchanan

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Art Campbell
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 7:08 AM
To: FrameUsers List
Subject: Disclaimers....

Because this list is often on auto-pilot with the owner not especially
active, I'd like to put forward the idea:

When vendors step forward with a recommendation for a plug-in, auxiliary
program, post processor, or other FM tool that solves a problem, that they
mention their association with the product. Either a line in the post /
recommendation or a line in their .sig that identifies the provider of
information as someone who has an interest in the product.

Like everyone else, I think, I value both the tools and the special
expertise that vendors bring to the list and their products (I certainly use
enough of them!).
But I think it's only fair that they clearly identify themselves to make
things very clear to posters who may not have been on the list long enough
to identify them by email address.

Cheers,
Art

Art Campbell
               art.campbell at gmail.com
  "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and
a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                      No disclaimers apply.
                                                               DoD 358