FM 9: PDF Bookmarks include TOC headings

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 12:16:55 PST 2010

It's an undocumented feature of FrameMaker that you can select *additional* paragraph tags to be picked up as PDF bookmarks -- over and above the tags seleted in the book's PDF setup -- on a file-by-file basis by selecting them in an individual file's PDF Setup dialog.

If you open the TOC.fm file and look at *it's* PDF setup (rather than the book file's PDF setup), you'll find that the H1TOC, H2TOC, etc. tags are specified to generate PDF bookmarks. Just clear those selections and save the file, then generate your PDF and you should see that the unwanted bookmarks are no longer there in the PDF.

-Fred Ridder