Links not working: Frame 8 to PDF to external file

Tina Ricks tina at trialguides.com
Wed Dec 22 21:41:06 PST 2010

Hi everyone,

Frame version: 8.0p277

Adobe Acrobat Pro version: 8.2.5

I'm creating a giant PDF file (in Frame) of conference papers for a
professional conference. It will be burned on a CD. I have my giant PDF, and
I have a folder called Attachments. Inside the Attachments folder are a
whole load of PowerPoint Show files (.pps)

GiantPDF.pdf

Attachments

                Filename.pps

                Filename_2.pps

(etc. etc.)

In Frame, I created hyperlinks with this setting:

Special > Hypertext

Command: Message Client

Syntax box:

Message openfile Attachments/Filename.pps

(this seemed like the correct syntax for a relative pathname, based on
several internet resources)

On my computer, this works great. I can create my PDF, I can move my folder
structure elsewhere on my computer and things work.

When I create a CD and take it to a different computer, my giant PDF can't
find the PPS files. Why?

All internal links within the PDF work fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Would love any assistance.

Tina Ricks

Tina Ricks | Managing Editor | Trial Guides

Tina at trialguides dot com

office: 503.531.3233

cell: 503.890.5536

http://www.trialguides.com <http://www.trialguides.com/>