Links not working: Frame 8 to PDF to external file

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Mon Dec 27 05:48:39 PST 2010

Tina,

You wrote:

>Yup... my Frame files are in the same folder with my Attachments folder.
>
>I was trying to think of ways for Acrobat and Frame NOT to create absolute
>paths.
>
>This is so weird, it works on System #1 and #3, but not on #2.

I suggest testing the CD further in other computers. If results are as
expected in all computers, with the exception of #2, then it's likely that
the CD is OK and that system #2 has some unique issues (which could be
related to security restrictions, application malfunctioning, preferences etc.)

Linking to a stable/consistent target should work.

Another approach would be to embed the PPT files in your PDF, which can be
done either as a comment or as a document-level attachment.
A sample PDF with both types of attachments is available at
http://www.microtype.com/showcase/EmbedFiles.pdf (the first attachment icon
is a PPT file; document attachments are accessible the the Attachments
panel: paper clip icon in the Navigation pane or View > Navigation Panels >
Attachments)

Embedding can be done manually in the final PDF using Acrobat (or automated
using custom markers with TimeSavers).

Shlomo Perets

MicroType * http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/TCS training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants