Multiple Master Fonts stop working in recent Windows XP update

Brad Anderson brad at frameusers.com
Thu Dec 23 09:43:40 PST 2010

Framers,

Just ran across an issue with a client that is using multiple master fonts in his document.   They've worked wonderfully for 10+ years.   However, the most recent sent of updates for WIndows XP ends up killing the fonts.   ATM and FrameMaker cannot use the fonts and FrameMaker reports the fonts as missing.   Thankfully, he's working in a VM environment.  If I rollback to the state prior to the windows updates, everything works fine.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?   Does anyone know which of the recent updates causes this to happen?  Worst case scenario is that we'll have to quarantine the VM and work inside of that and do all online work elsewhere.

Thanks,

Brad