Unable to select, conditionalise, hide/show a variable in a text frame on left of master page

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Mon Feb 1 05:37:23 PST 2010

Hi Heidi,

I am not seeing the deletion problem; when I show/hide the condition,
everything works as it should. I do see the selection issue with the Left
page text frame. I am not sure why this happens on the Left but not the
Right page, but once your variable is in place, it shouldn't be a concern
anyway. In fact, there is no reason to select the text on the master page;
just click an insertion point on any body page, and choose Special >
Variable. Select the variable from the list and click Edit Definition. After
you edit the variable, click Change then Done, then click Done.

You could further simplify things by forgetting about the Watermark
condition format altogether. When you want to hide the watermark, simply
edit its definition and change it to a non-breaking space character (enter
"\ " backslash-space in the variable Definition field).

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thank you very
much.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-659-8267