Unable to select, conditionalise, hide/show a variable in a text frame on left of master page

Mon Feb 1 06:51:12 PST 2010

Heidi Bailey wrote:

> I have a vertical text frame on each master page (horizontal text
frame
> rotated through 90Deg), which I use for watermarking. The text frame
has
> a single paragraph (with tag Watermark applied).
> The paragraph contains a single-word variable (called Watermark),
which
> says something like "Draft" or "Approval".
> The variable should have condition Watermark applied, which I can then
> hide or show as needed.

There's no reason to make this so complicated. When you want no
watermark, just redefine the variable to be empty.

Once the variable is in place, you never have to select or manipulate it
again, so this whole problem is moot. But should you want to replace it
with a different variable or add something else to the pgf, just rotate
the text frame back to horizontal, make your edits, and rotate back to
vertical.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.