OT: Is there software for burning cross-platform CDs from PC?

Wendy McGovern wmcgovern at pbi.org
Thu Feb 4 12:32:07 PST 2010

Hi, Framers

Does anyone know if there is software for burning cross-platform CDs
from PCs rather than Macs?

We use Frame 7 to make PDF files of our books and do CDs with Acrobat
files, a ReadMe simple text file, and sometimes Word and WordPerfect
forms files. We used to use an old Mac (OS 8.6) with Toast, but they
recently put in a new server and now they can't get the Mac to see the
server where our PC files are anymore. Getting a new Mac is not an
option. We did try to transfer the files to the Mac by jump drive and
burning a CD from the PC, but it wouldn't recognize the disks.

Is there a Toast equivalent for the PC that will let us burn
cross-platform? We do use only 8.3 naming convention for our files.

We have Windows XP, Acrobat 8 Pro.

We need to get a book CD out ASAP, so any immediate advice would be
welcomed. Thanks!

Wendy McGovern
Publications Editor
Pennsylvania Bar Institute