Standalone FM 9 (all patched) and RH 8.02

Jeff Coatsworth jeff.coatsworth at jonassoftware.com
Thu Feb 4 13:16:53 PST 2010

I find when I get the "not a valid FM file" message, I can just hit OK & it still scans it & pulls it in. It doesn't seem to need to be open in FM at the same time as trying to import it (tried that already). Do you get the OK button?

The import error message may have something to do with resources (I try to close down as much stuff as I can when using RH - it seems to be a real memory pig) or it may have something to do with the source FM file. I make sure that any books are updated & there are no issues over in FM before trying to pull anything into RH.

What happens if you save the FM file as MIF and suck that into RH? I've never tried it, but I wonder if it would work. Just my 2 cents worth ;>)