Anchored Frame Problem

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 8 14:10:05 PST 2010

Lea Galanter wrote:

> I'm hoping you can help me with a small problem. I'm using Frame 9 on
> Windows 7, but I've had this problem with previous versions of Frame as
> well, so it's not new. When using anchored frames, I am unable to fix
> the distance of the frame from the surrounding text. The online Help
> indicates that the Anchored Frame dialog box has a Distance above
> Baseline option, but I see no such option in that dialog box. Not sure
> why Adobe says that such an option exists when it clearly doesn't. Does
> anyone know where this option may really be hiding.

The option you are looking for is only presented in the Anchored Frame properties dialog when it is relevant, and that depends on the current setting of the Anchoring Position property. When you use the At Insertion Point, Outside Column, or Outside Text Frame position, you will indeed see a Distance above Baseline property. If you are using the Below Current Line, At Top of Column, At Bottom of Column, or Run into Paragraph position, you will *not* see Distance above Baseline because that property is irrelevant or meaningless.

What anchoring position are you using? And how does the behavior you see vary from the behavior you desire?

-Fred Ridder