Converting Rows to Headers

Diane Gaskill dgcaller at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 11 09:14:09 PST 2010

There is a much faster and easier way to do what you are doing.  Use the
tablecleaner plugin from Rick Quatro.  Works like a champ, believe me.
We're converting some legacy docs from mewierd to structured FM.  I cleaned
up 100 tables in a 400 page manual, (including changing body rows to heading
rows in about 30 seconds.  Cleans up all the text problems too.  However, it
doesn't take the text string that word uses for table headings and move it
into the table title field in an FM table.  (Hey, Rick, are you listening?
:-)
Not sure of the price now, but I think I paid $60.  ROI: 30 seconds.  I
cannot imagine how long it would have taken me to do all that manually.

Diane Gaskill
Hitachi Data systems