Converting Rows to Headers

Thu Feb 11 10:00:45 PST 2010

Howard Rauch wrote:

> I have a number of multipage tables for which I need to convert the first
> two table body rows (conventional) to header rows. So far the only method
> I've found that works is to set up a new blank table having two header
> rows and then copy the original table into the new one. It seems to me that
> with its power, FM could easily convert body rows into header rows. Am I
> missing something? I've checked Help and found it to be of no help in this
> regard.

Just to reinforce the message you've been getting, I'll add another enthusiastic endorsement of Rick Quatro's TableCleaner. My ROI period was longer than Diane's -- maybe as much as half an hour. But even without a big Word-to-FM conversion project (for which it's indispensable), the argument for TableCleaner is compelling.

FWIW, I disagree with Nadine. I generally like FM's table functionality (better than Word's), and _not_ splitting rows across pages is one of the things I really like. :-)

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom