One paragraph style -> Many Elements

Eric Geissinger egeissinger at stny.rr.com
Fri Feb 12 10:50:09 PST 2010

I'm working on an unstructured Frame book, getting it structured via the Conversion Table method (Frame 9) using a custom EDD.

I have a hideously embarrassingly easy question to ask.

At least I think so?

What is the best way to map a single paragraph style (for example, heading_2) to differently named containers depending on the content of the paragraph style (text).

For example:

heading_2   FUNCTION NAME
[...]
heading_2   Prototype
[...]
heading_2   Return Value
[...]

Where above is paragraph style name followed by text associated with the paragraph style, and [...] is whatever following the headings.

It would be delicious to be able to map:

heading_2 to element FUNCTION_Name iff text of heading_2 = "FUNCTION NAME"
heading_2 to element Proto iff text of heading_2="Prototype"
etc.

To be avoided is changing all the heading_2's by hand to new names to match their element.

Is there a way to do this that's, like, easy?

I'd be open to an automated way of changing the paragraph style names to match their text, actually, now that I think about it... are there Frame utilities allowing such a thing?

Any and all help appreciated, else I might just lose my hair.  Via pulling.  And that's bad.