One paragraph style -> Many Elements

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Fri Feb 12 17:06:51 PST 2010

Hi Eric,

You can't do this with the conversion table method. I would pre-process the
file and retag you heading_2 paragraphs, based on their content. Then you
can modify your conversion table to use the renamed heading_2 tags. Follow
these basic steps:

1) Click in one of the heading_2 paragraphs.
2) Use the Paragraph Designer to create a new format for this particular
heading_2 paragraph.
3) With your cursor in the newly tagged paragraph, choose Edit > Copy
Special > Paragraph Format.
4) Choose Edit > Find/Change. Type in the unique string that you want to
search on; for example FUNCTION NAME. In the Change popup, choose By
Pasting.
5) Click Find and Change a few instances. If you are sure that your Find
string is unique and will only find text in heading_2 paragraphs, click
Change All.

Repeat with the other 2 heading_2 paragraphs.

If you want to automate this with FrameScript, please send me a sample
document and contact me offlist. Please let me know if you have any
questions or comments. Thank you very much.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-659-8267
rick at frameexpert.com