single character page numbering (with no hyphen)

Steve Johnson chinaski69 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 18:32:10 PST 2010

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong but hopefully this will help...
Our TOCs are set up this way and first, go to the master page and find
the page number. We define ours as a variable with this value:

<$curpagenum>

You should define the page numbering format at the book level, so from
the book, right-click the TOC, click Numbering, click the Page tab,
and make sure it's set for roman numerals.

Although this sounds like what you're doing, something is not right or
it would be working for you.

Finally, it doesn't make any difference if, in the Numbering dialog
box, you have something entered in the Chapter tag. That won't
automatically insert a hyphen in your TOC.

Save the changes to the book and regenerate.