Flowing Tables into Structured FrameMaker

LW White lwwhite5 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 17 07:31:45 PST 2010

Hi Brenda,

Are you using a custom tagset? The XML likely contains an attribute that indicates each column's width. Frame, on the other hand, uses its own table properties to determine a column's width. So...you have to write a kind of translation between the XML attribute and the corresponding Frame table property. These translations are called "read/write" rules and you should already have some set up for the structured application you're using.

So, find that attribute that your XML tagset uses to record column width and create a rule that translates it to the Frame column width property.

Also, if your read/write rules contain the rule "writer use proportional widths;" be sure to comment that out or Frame will render all your columns of equal width regardless of other rules operating on them.

Best,
Leigh

--Forwarded Message Attachment--