One problem down, one new one comes up

Ken Poshedly poshedly at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 23 07:54:03 PST 2010

Hi Rich,

Perhaps I did misunderstand you. Before posting my original request for help last week, I, of course, made sure that no chapter number was to be included in the footer and then checked the master page and footer of the TOC-in-progress. And yes, there was NO chapter number but there was a hyphen followed by the pound sign (#). And it could not be selected and deleted.

And in checking the current page number variable definition, I made sure there was no hyphen preceding the open bracket "<" for "$curpagenum" , but the hyphen still appeared in the master page footer for current page number. It continues to baffle me that no hyphen is in the variable definition but it appears anyway and cannot be slected for deletion in the master page view.

It's sort of like a cartoon I saw some time ago of a scientist in front of a nearly full chalkboard of mathematical equations and at the very end are the words, "And then a miracle happens."

In any case, I accept that you are correct and I have much to learn from you.

-- Kenpo