Shortcut Control keys - Part deux

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Wed Feb 24 11:21:39 PST 2010

I endorse what Winifred has said. I have used the odd window capture software before but they have always proven to be more fiddly than using Print Screen and dumping into a new Photoshop file thus (assuming the application I am writing about is running on my local machine):

1. Working in FM, ALT-TAB to application
2. Perform the task or go to the correct window configuration. Press PRINT SCREEN
3. ALT-TAB to Photoshop and open a new file. The new file will have the same dimensions as the image data stored on the clipboard.
4. CTRL-V to paste into Photoshop file and manipulate as necessary.
5. Save the file with obvious filename and import into FM.

OK. Not a 1-click process but then I have rarely ever found the exact process to be the same, time after time. Always there are slight variations, such as in steps 2, 4, and 5.

Alan

--
Alan Litchfield MBus (Hons), MNZCS
AlphaByte