OT: Questions about a wiki

Spectrum Writing info at spectrumwritingllc.com
Wed Jan 6 15:28:49 PST 2010

All,

There are so many tech savvy gearheads/gurus on these lists, I figured it
would be great place to post such a question.

I have a potential client who (that for reasons aren't pertinent here) is
insistent that the User Manual be in a Wiki.  I am working through a
professional and carefully worded response to this demand, including pros
and cons based on what their requirements are, what they want to do with the
manual, the skills level of their SMEs,  etc. That said, I want to
thoroughly investigate the following option as I formulate my response -

Have you ever developed content in Word (based on a Word template), saved
the Word document as an HTML file, and then uploaded the file into a Wiki?
Or have you done something similar outside of a Wiki using a different
approach with other tools, such as FM and MIF2GO? Basically, a way to
develop outside of a Wiki and then convert the content to HTML files and
then upload the content to the Wiki. There are a lot of reasons that I am
asking this question and please, I am NOT looking to be told to develop only
in the Wiki and ask me why I want to do something else. Like I said, there
are a lot of mitigating factors that necessitate looking into an approach
that will not require direct development in the Wiki.

TIA,

TVB

Tammy Van Boening

Owner/Principal