vsd flow charts

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 8 10:47:27 PST 2010

Barbara Zeller asked:

> What is the best way to import flow charts from Visio (.vsd) into FrameMaker?
> I'm getting some pretty fuzzy results. I am working in Frame 7.2. Would
> appreciate any tips.

Save As .wmf (or .emf) from Visio, then File>Import>File into FrameMaker.

Or else Print to PDF from Visio, and File>Import>File into FrameMaker.

Inserting the Visio figures as OLE objects works well for some users, but can cause issues downstream.

The one thing you shoud definitely avoid is saving the Visio figures in any sort of raster image format (TIFF, BMP, PNG, GIF, or especially JPEG, which is lossy as well as rasterized).

-Fred Ridder