How to find "Unavailable Fonts"

Sun Jan 10 22:21:24 PST 2010

Syed.Hosain wrote:

> A contact sent me a book (in FM 7 format) that I am attempting to read
> into FM 8 ... to fix a page numbering and contents/index problem.
>
> Whenever I open two of the files in the book, I get an "Unavailable
> font" message on the console (saying that ArialMT is not available and
> Arial will be used in its place - this is after I tell it to read in
the
> file and substitue).
>
> So, I do so, and then save the file ... but it happens again on the
very
> next file open! Of course, I am unable to regen the contents and index
> pages since "a font is unavailable".

Well, I'm clueless about the behavior in your follow-up posts (truly
bizarre!), but you should be able to update/regenerate if all the files
in the book are open. If the files are closed, FM can't update the book
because it can't silently open the files in the background due to the
problem that requires human intervention, but once the files are open,
that's not an issue.

So open all the files in the book (while pressing Shift, select File >
Open All Files in Book) and then update the book.

HTH!

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.