error message: SAXParseException: An exception occurred!

Scott Prentice sp at leximation.com
Wed Jan 13 13:25:43 PST 2010

Hi Wim...

I can't say for sure .. but from what I've seen I think that FM9's
attempt to enable the ability to work with http-based files has gone a
bit overboard. As far as I can tell, if the DTD is specified with an
http reference, FM9 ignores the public ID and its association to a
structured app, and actually downloads the DTD from the remote location.
Unfortunately, even if this was a good idea, it doesn't do the job
properly and doesn't download the MOD files.

The only "fix" I know of is to change the DTD specification to be just
the DTD filename. This should work fine with most editors assuming the
public ID is defined in the catalog and maps properly to a local DTD.

Hopefully someone else will have a better answer .. perhaps there's a
switch that tells FM to use the public ID. This worked fine in FM8.

Cheers,

...scott

Scott Prentice
Leximation, Inc.