error message: SAXParseException: An exception occurred!

Wim Hooghwinkel - idtp wim at idtp.eu
Wed Jan 13 13:07:28 PST 2010

Framers,

I posted this before but so far no response and I didn't succeed in
resolving it.

Opening an XML file in FM9. XML file USES Public DTD declaration:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD
DocBook XML V4.5//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd">

Then an error report in FM comes up:
XML Read Report Log
XSLT Processor Messages
SAXParseException: An exception occurred! Type:Could not open external
entity 'C\Documents and Settings\kaiijn\AppIication
Data\NetLibCAche\c696803b24573f4b8 1 35d3caf 7bbadea\dbnotnx.mod',
Error in XSL transformation. Stopped file opening.

In the FrameMaker application an XSLT is run on the XML before it is passed
on to FrameMaker itself. What seems to happen now is that it (The Parser?)
makes a local copy of the DTD in the user's folder. But it only copies the
main DTD file (docbookx.dtd) and not the .mod files. When we take out the
XSLT, the XML opens fine (but with errors because the XML is not valid,
that's why we need the XSLT).

So, I'm wondering: why does FM/the parser make a local copy of the DTD - and
how comes it doesn't take the complete set. FrameMaker itself knows where to
find the DTD (if we skip the XSLT - no error).

We don't want to use a local DTD declaration because the XML files will go
to an external client. In fact, the XSLT adds a local DTD declaration to a
modified DTD.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Kind regards, vriendelijke groet,
Wim Hooghwinkel
iDTP - Technical Communication Consultant
Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in FrameMaker / NLDITA 2010
tel. +31652036811
Skype wimhooghwinkel
Twitter @idtp @NLDITA
info at idtp.eu