Keyboard shortcut control for inserting a variable?

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Thu Jan 21 12:42:50 PST 2010

Hi, Richard:

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Combs, Richard
<richard.combs at polycom.com> wrote:
> Peter Gold wrote:
>
>> You want a quick shortcut, hence you need to start with the Escape key
>> and a q. Because you want a variable, you need to p. <G> So the
>> shortcut is: Escape q p <snip>
>
> Nope, it's Esc q v. As you noted later Esc q p is for paragraphs.

Ooops, good catch. I wasn't watching my p's and q's. Of course you're correct!

> And in this case, it's not the _quick_ shortcut either -- Ctrl+0 is faster. :-)

I prefer the semi-mnemonic q shortcuts to the fully-arbitrary
Ctrl+number which I find often makes me question which application I'm
in, before I key it. From the swap of p and v you caught me on, you
can see I need all the help available.

Regards,

Peter
Peter Gold