O.T. Problem with Adobe Acrobat Catalog (or Index if you prefer)

Eduardo F. Cidade Sr. ecidade at zoominternet.net
Wed Jan 27 08:32:07 PST 2010

Good morning fellow Acrobats

First, the setup:  Windows XP, Acrobat 9

Now, the problem.  I'm indexing a driving containing literally thousands of PDFs (3,474 to
be exact) and until upgrading to Acrobat 9, never had a problem updating the index (or
catalog).

Today, I tried updating the index and get these messages:

Could not open document : D:\XXXXXX\INFORMATION NOTICES\Information Notices Archive\Expired
Flight Ops\General Information Notices\2006-F080TR.pdf-High Quality Print.joboptions
Could not open document : D:\XXXXXX\INFORMATION NOTICES\Information Notices Archive\Expired
Flight Ops\General Information Notices\2006-F082TR.pdf-High Quality Print.joboptions
Could not open document : D:\XXXXXX\INFORMATION NOTICES\Information Notices Archive\Expired
Flight Ops\General Information Notices\2006-F084TR.pdf-High Quality Print.joboptions
Could not open document : D:\XXXXXX\INFORMATION NOTICES\Information Notices Archive\Expired
Flight Ops\General Information Notices\2006-F089.pdf-High Quality Print.joboptions
....and continues on ad-nauseum....

Now the puzzler:  The documents are entitled XXXXXX.pdf but do not have the "joboptions"
piece appended to them.

The preferences have been edited to include indexing from other drives, so that shouldn't
factor.

Has anyone experienced this before?  Is there some sort of update we should grab?

I can't go back to the previous version and don't want to either.

Thank you

All the best

Eduardo

Electronic Signature: